- Gasaka community knowledge center: Link community to the modern world ~ Community, English, featured 19 Nov, at 10 : 07 AM
- Nyamagabe: Abaturage bishimiye ibyo ikoranabuhanga rimaze kubagezaho ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 18 Nov, at 13 : 55 PM
- Bugesera: Abayobozi b’imidugudu baravuga ko bagiye kunoza imikorere kubera telephone bahawe ~ Community, featured 5 Aug, at 19 : 06 PM
- Nyabihu: Ikoranabuhanga n’iterambere byahinduye ubuzima mu imyaka 20 ishize ~ Community, English, featured 26 Jul, at 18 : 27 PM
- Itumanaho rya telefone rifasha abatuye mu cyaro ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 30 Jun, at 09 : 02 AM
8 December, at 21 : 54 PM Print
In 2010, the Rwandan government donated cell phones to health care workers in an effort to save pregnant women and babies. Volunteer community health workers in the rural areas were given free phones so they can keep track of all the pregnant women in their villages.
The cell phones are used to register and monitor expecting mothers. If there are any questions, complications or updates, health workers simply send a text to their local clinic and receive a response within minutes.
The cell-phone program, or Rapid SMS scheme, was set up in conjunction with various U.N. organizations to bring the number of maternal deaths down.