- Interneti yashyizwe ku mirenge y’icyaro irafasha abaturage ~ featured, Internet, Kinyarwanda 19 May, at 07 : 01 AM
- Telecoms lead internet access for households by 81 percent- survey ~ English, featured, Internet 29 Mar, at 07 : 15 AM
- Tigo Customers to get free internet on weekends ~ English, featured, Internet 27 Jan, at 16 : 49 PM
- Nyamasheke: Bashinja MTN n’ubuyobozi gusoza manda batabonye internet bemerewe ~ featured, Internet, Kinyarwanda 15 Jan, at 06 : 35 AM
- Nyabihu: Local leaders get smart phones ~ English, featured, Internet 22 Dec, at 11 : 44 AM
8 December, at 21 : 46 PM Print
The Development Business Centers (DBC) that are in all districts of the country help people to get internet services and other computer services.
These centers that started in July 2010 by Rwanda Development Board (RDB) have been of much help to those who are staying near them by giving them internet and computer services.
In Kamonyi district, this center is Nkingi village, Gacurabwenge sector. To get internet services, they used to walk a long distance going towards Kigali or Muhanga. As Mutumwinka Donatilla one of the people who go to this center says that this center has been of much help especially to the youth since they are the most people who use this center.
Uwimana Claudine, a student at Lycee Muhura in ICT who is doing her practice at this center says it has been easy ever since this center started
Those who studied before her would go to other districts so they can do their practice.
Harelimana Augustin the one in charge of ICT in this center says since this center began, it has already given training to 23 people and 32 people are now under training. In this training, students pay 5000 per program. This center receives at least 20 people per day who want to use internet. They pay 300frw per hour and they have 68 computers. The only worry is that people who come for services at this center are few compared to the population in this area.