- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
9 February, at 08 : 10 AM Print
Rwanda’s Ministry of ICT has launched a one month ICT awareness campaign which aims at increasing public awareness about the opportunities as well as the benefits offered by electronic transactions using mobile telecommunications.
The campaign was organised in partnership with various stakeholders including Rwanda Development Board RDB, districts, Banks,
Telecom Companies and Energy Water and Sanitation Authority EWSA.
The Chief advisor to the Minister of ICT Patrick Rwabidadi demands close collaboration of media houses in actively participating in various activities scheduled during the Month of February through coverage and disseminating information to the local population.
“The national ICT awareness campaign on money transfer and mobile banking transfers will start with a series of public awareness campaigns with field activities organised in the month of February 2012 in 4 districts selected in each Province,” says Patrick Rwabidadi.
The campaign has come following the significant increase of mobile phone subscribers in Rwanda to 45.2% of the population. It has been revealed that most of the subscribers use phones for voice communication.
However a number of new services including mobile money transfer, mobile banking and purchase of prepaid electricity (cash power) and pay TV subscriber credits have been progressively introduced.
The activities are scheduled in Kayonza District on February 9 2012, on Thursday February 16 in Rubavu District and there after the closing function on Febuary 23 2012 in Musanze District.