- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
26 February, at 07 : 06 AM Print
People are being encouraged to embrace ICT
The Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information Communication Technology in the president’s office (MINICT) David Kanamugire has called upon people to embrace the Use of ICT to be able to reap development benefits it has.
Kanamugire said this while launching the ICT month in Rubavu district. The month meant for informational communication technology was fully participated in by telecommunication companies, banks and other companies to explain how people can easily access services with the help of information technology.
MTN explained the use of Mobile Money banking whereas the Bank of Kigali explained the use of online banking.
Officials from different Sectors of Rubavu district were trained in the use of information technology mostly social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google.
The executive secretary of Mutovu Cell Bugeshi Sector Cyprien Gatabazi thanked the Ministry for having equipped them with technology skills.
“I did not know that I can get to know the amount of money on my bank account via my mobile phone without first visiting the bank premises”, Gatabazi remarked.
Jacqueline Umuhoza a local resident who was also equipped with computer skills said it is good to embrace information technology. She however added that it should not only be taught in urban centres but also in rural areas to avoid being left behind in development.
The ICT month will be celebrated across the country and has been launched in the districts of Kamonyi, Kayonza, Rubavu and Musanze.