- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
25 February, at 11 : 02 AM Print
The ministry of youth is seeking to establish a partnership with telecom firm TiGO Rwanda aimed at battling drug abuse among youths in Rwanda.
Youth minister, Jean Philbert Nsengimana, met senior executives at TiGO Rwanda on February 23 to exchange ideas on the partnership. Government has of recent intensified campaigns against drug abuse targeting primary and secondary schools.
The minister said on his Twitter page after the visit that TiGO was building a platform to connect SMS to social media on which the campaign could be conducted. “…looking forward to partnering on this,” he wrote.
The National University of Rwanda is also a party to the partnership.