- Television zo mu mirenge n’utugari zirabafasha gukurikirana CHAN ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 22 Jan, at 05 : 22 AM
- Saint André College student wins Airtel motorcycle ~ Community, English, featured 12 Oct, at 13 : 09 PM
- « House of Technology », nouvelle méthode d’enseigner les sciences par vidéoprojecteur ~ Community, featured, French 14 Aug, at 15 : 53 PM
- Mushishiro: Abaturage ngo ntibazongera gukora ingendo bagiye kureba amakuru ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 17 Jul, at 16 : 39 PM
- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
18 April, at 07 : 02 AM Print
Participants of RNP’s cyber security seminar held at Kigali on 16th April 2012
In a bid to fight the growing number of cyber-crimes, Rwanda National Police (RNP) is hosting a 3 day Interpol Cyber Crime awareness workshop.
This workshop which comes after the first one of its kind held last year in Uganda, is a hands on and practical seminar which is being attended by 18 participants from Burundi, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda.
According to news sources from RNP’s website, “The seminar was organized to enhance the capacity of police officers to fight against cyber-crimes. The workshop is designed to equip participants with essential understanding and new skills to combat cyber-crimes. After three days participants will be able to undertake investigations and prosecutions of cyber-crime cases.”
Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIGP), Stanley Nsabimana while opening the workshop said that “The workshop will facilitate discussing and laying down strategies of investigating cyber-crime and other related offences.”
Director of Interpol Rwanda’s Bureau, Chief Inspector of Police Ismael Baguma said that “Criminals exploit the speed, convenience and anonymity that modern technologies offer in order to commit a diverse range of crimes.”
This seminar comes following a number of cyber-crimes that took place in East Africa recently, including hackers who hacked several databases and websites of a number of East African web based content.