- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
25 May, at 12 : 17 PM Print
An Indian based telecommunication company-Bharti Airtel has been ranked ahead of top global brands such as Citi, Sony, MTN, China Telecom, and Volkswagen
The company (http://www.airtel.com), a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa, today said that Airtel has joined an elite club of global brands by making it to this year’s BrandZTop™ 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list, as reported from Nairobi Kenya on 24th May 2012.
With an overall ranking of 71 and brand value of USD 11.5 billion, Airtel has been ranked ahead of top global brands such as Citi (82), Sony (86), MTN (88), China Telecom (90), and Volkswagen (96).
The BrandZTop 100 Most Valuable Global Brands, according to the study conducted by leading global research firm Millward Brown. It is the only brand valuation that takes into account what people think about the brands they buy alongside rigorous analysis of financial data, market valuations, analyst reports and risk profiles.
The ranking is arrived at through a continuous in-depth quantitative research on a category-by-category and a country-by-country basis. The research covers some 2 million consumers and more than 50,000 brands in over 30 countries.’
Airtel has recently introduced.