- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
18 May, at 08 : 40 AM Print
The MTN telecommunication company that provides mobile telephone services has given a y’ello phone TO an Adeventist SECONDARY SCHOOL (ESAPAN) based in Ngoma cell in Cyanika sector western province of Rwanda.
Photo: Y’ello Phone
Students in this school were excited about this telephone as they needed it very much since among the school regulations like anywhere in Rwanda, mobile telephones are not accepted at all and this poses a limitation in case a student wants to communicate with people at home in case of an emergency.
This Y’ello Phone is like other MTN telephones like public telephones which are commonly used in trading centres. To use it, a person buys a SIM card and then uses the card on which this SIM card is attached.
With Y’ello phone, a person checks the credit one has on the SIM card, there is a place one puts the number to be dialled like any mobile number.