- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
25 May, at 13 : 56 PM Print
Millward Brown, one of the world’s leading research agencies and expert in effective advertising has announced that MTN is the first African brand to be listed on the ‘BrandZTop 100 Global Brand’ listing.
The agency ranked MTN No.88, according to a statement published by BrandZ .
The improvement in MTN’s brand value rankings reaffirms the mobile operator’s growing prominence and continued relevance in the lives of its 164.6 million subscribers across its 22 markets in Africa and the Middle East.
In Rwanda, MTN is the market leader and has close to 3 million subscribers.
MTN welcome the ranking, saying that being recognized as the only African brand in the top brands is an inspiration that will cause MTN to invest more in ensuring that it delivers unique and special services to their customers and partners.
“MTN is pleased with all the global ranking accolades it has received. This shines the spotlight on MTN’s efforts to grow the MTN brand through differentiated offerings that go beyond enabling our subscribers to make a voice call, but to empower them to become active global economic citizens through access to world-class telecommunications services, including data,” quoted an MTN statement.