- Airtel to facilitate businesses through its business product ~ Business, English, featured 4 Mar, at 14 : 29 PM
- Telecoms respond to one area network ‘slashing’ Call tariffs, SMS ~ Business, English, featured 8 Aug, at 17 : 35 PM
- Tigo announces 2015 digital Change makers’ competition ~ Business, English, featured 10 Jul, at 11 : 09 AM
- MTN, Western Union in new payment service ~ Business, English, featured 8 Jul, at 10 : 05 AM
- Airtel, third largest operator in the world ~ Business, English, featured 1 Jul, at 10 : 01 AM
2 June, at 07 : 34 AM Print
Residents of Ngororero district are thankful for the sufficient money transfer services in the district.
Residents argue that they could make journeys to the towns of the neighboring districts for such services but it’s a lot easier for them now with money transfers.
Yunusu, who runs a money transfer outlet, revealed to us that many people used to reside outside Ngororero district yet the town was small.
This delayed the business of money transfer and investment in this area is based on usual business, where a few people fear to risk their money in telecommunication business.
However, the few that invested in this kind of business employed outsiders with experience in order not to make losses.
Residents narrate that the idea of starting telecommunication in Ngororero district was brought by one of their leaders they preferred anynormous, who read it in the newspapers, and when some tried it, they started making big money.
Jean Munyamana, who has a child in one of Ruhango district schools, confessed that it, was a burden for him to board taxis to Ruhango to pay school fees in halves.
To his rescue, he now sends every small amount of money he gets for school fees by transfer.
Service providers are MTN, Banque Populaire and Virunga Money transfer but Tigo customers have not yet accessed this service.