- Television zo mu mirenge n’utugari zirabafasha gukurikirana CHAN ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 22 Jan, at 05 : 22 AM
- Saint André College student wins Airtel motorcycle ~ Community, English, featured 12 Oct, at 13 : 09 PM
- « House of Technology », nouvelle méthode d’enseigner les sciences par vidéoprojecteur ~ Community, featured, French 14 Aug, at 15 : 53 PM
- Mushishiro: Abaturage ngo ntibazongera gukora ingendo bagiye kureba amakuru ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 17 Jul, at 16 : 39 PM
- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
28 June, at 13 : 00 PM Print
Rwanda Revenue Authority is to provide most of its services through Internet in order to enhance service efficiency and prohibit tax evasion.
Tax declaration is already being done online, tax payers visit RRA regional offices to be given access passwords with which they are able to declare their tax through RRA’s website.
In an interactive way, the tax payer logs into the website, fills a tax return form and thereafter submits it. Thereafter another template over which the payer can choose the bank for e-payment system will appear, which will in turn offer a receipt of payment and reference ID as payment confirmation.
According to Gerard Nkusi Mukubu the Director of Taxpayer services at RRA, this new online tax filling and payment system is to solve a lot of problems like long queues, transport costs and time while travelling to RRA offices.
The online tax payment system will further be enhanced with use Licensed Electronic Sales Devices with which a tax payer will automatically show the amount of tax due to be paid per each transaction made.
The Electronic devices are expected to cost around $300 each however RRA is due to issue out the pioneering 500 devices to the different business sectors, freely of charge.