- Television zo mu mirenge n’utugari zirabafasha gukurikirana CHAN ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 22 Jan, at 05 : 22 AM
- Saint André College student wins Airtel motorcycle ~ Community, English, featured 12 Oct, at 13 : 09 PM
- « House of Technology », nouvelle méthode d’enseigner les sciences par vidéoprojecteur ~ Community, featured, French 14 Aug, at 15 : 53 PM
- Mushishiro: Abaturage ngo ntibazongera gukora ingendo bagiye kureba amakuru ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 17 Jul, at 16 : 39 PM
- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
10 July, at 11 : 32 AM Print
On 4th June 2012, Airtel announced the introduction of the fastest mobile Internet in Rwanda, with the launch of its 3.75G platform in the country.
The launch of the 3.75G platform promises profound changes to how users in the country experience the web on Internet-enabled devices. The technology allows users to browse at unrivaled speed, make video calls, watch live TV, send and receive emails and download music directly from internet-enabled devices
This is the latest global HSPA+ technology with up to 21 Mbps speed, also being rolled out in Europe and the USA. It is the fastest and latest 3G available and will be beneficial for large Corporate, Small or Medium Businesses and the Youth.
Airtel Rwanda Country Manager Marcellin Paluku said “The technology on our 3.75G network will give our customers the opportunity to interact with data in a different way,”
“This is why Airtel doesn’t see 3G as a product but a platform that enables the community
to expand its social and commercial horizons, alongside the rest of the world.” Adds Paluku
Airtel has teamed up with world-class service provider, Ericsson, to ensure seamless upgrade of the existing network to the 3.75G network.
Head of Ericsson Sub Saharan Africa Lars Linden said that “The new technology will enable Airtel to meet its desire to provide its customers with the most advanced solutions and quality browsing experience to its customers in Rwanda and Africa.”
The new 3.75G network will initially be available to Airtel customers in Kigali, but will become available to other parts of the country over the course of the month.
Airtel will offer all its customers introductory free internet access to experience the service for the first two weeks. Every customer will receive 1 GB free every day up to the 17th of July. When the offer period expires, customers will get a rate of Rwf20 per MB from 6:00 hrs to 00:00 hrs and Rwf10 from 00:00 hrs to 5:59 hrs