- Television zo mu mirenge n’utugari zirabafasha gukurikirana CHAN ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 22 Jan, at 05 : 22 AM
- Saint André College student wins Airtel motorcycle ~ Community, English, featured 12 Oct, at 13 : 09 PM
- « House of Technology », nouvelle méthode d’enseigner les sciences par vidéoprojecteur ~ Community, featured, French 14 Aug, at 15 : 53 PM
- Mushishiro: Abaturage ngo ntibazongera gukora ingendo bagiye kureba amakuru ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 17 Jul, at 16 : 39 PM
- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
9 July, at 07 : 00 AM Print
The figures issued are numbers of daily active revenue generating phone users as explained by RURA’S online publication.
Penetration rate increased by 1percent in April-May 2012, mainly due to the entrance of another telecom giant, Barti Airtel Rwanda, as statistics show.
110,763 new mobile phone users were registered as of May, half of the new members being from Airtel Rwanda and 34,951 from MTN Rwanda and the other 20,412 from Tigo Rwanda.
The total number of phone users increased up from 4,508,666 in April to 4,619,429 this May. MTN Rwanda still leads in terms of the most phone users with their total at 2,987,213 and Tigo Rwanda at 1,576,816 and the new entrant Airtel Rwanda with 55,400.
RURA projects that by December 2012, the mobile phone penetration rate will have reached at 60percent.