- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
5 August, at 08 : 20 AM Print
It was all smiles at the 15th Edition of Rwanda International trade fair in Gikondo, as the first batch 46 lucky winners of the ‘Sharama’ (shine) promotion of “together with MTN promotion.
The winners were publically announced by Robert Rwakabogo, the MTN Marketing manager after a hot MTN presentation by local artist –Uncle Austin. The winners walked away with brand new phones, mattresses, motorbikes and many more presents as the crowds of MTN subscribers applauded in amazement.
These lucky winners apparently included a 14 year of Marvin Karangwa, who won a brand new TVS motor bike, which came at the right time as a birthday gift – which he celebrated last Friday.
“I am happy to have won this prize. I consider it a birthday gift. I am sure that I will now learn how to ride a motorbike and as second thought, I can sell it” the jolly Karangwa intimated in the company of his twin brother- who escorted him at the podium to receive his precious gift.
The young man however, in three days spent over 60.000 francs from his father’s phone and managed to get over 600.000pts along the competition finally earned him a reward worth over 1.5million francs.
The trick was simple- they made a Call to 155 or sent an SMS with the word “MTN” to 155 for only 35Rwf and accumulate points to win a brand new car and other great prizes from MTN. With every call to 155 or SMS to 155 you also get a free SMS.
MTN official, Robert Rwakabogo said that the competition has more prizes coming up in the next 8 weeks of the competition.
One of the MTN clients, Deo Nshuti a motorist, said he has been sending text messages since the Sharama promotion started 23rd July 2012, but stopped sending due to doubts of winning.
“I have been challenged by the teen winner who got a motor bike, which I really needed. I have seen that I got a chance to win and I will not give up as before but instead send more messages” Nshuti said.