- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
8 September, at 09 : 22 AM Print
More residents have continued to walk away with exciting prizes from the ongoing text message competition code named “MTN Sharama” competition, which started in July 2012.
Among the most exciting prizes, was the second Sharama car which was handed over to Nina Nyirabanyiginya, 24, a hardware shop attendant in Kicukiro district, this September 5.
The colorful handover event was held at Gakinjiro, Gisozi sector, suburb within Kigali city. Nyirabanyiginya couldn’t hold back her tears of joy and emotions as she was handed the car keys by MTN officials at the event.
In her emotional speech, Nyirabanyiginya said that the saloon car will be helpful in supporting her family needs of transport and she thanked God for giving her the chance of winning this loathed prize.
So far, MTN has registered a large number of community participation in the competition as most of the clients struggle to catch some of the prizes ahead of the closure of three month’s competition.
Other winners also walked away with various prizes which included: motorcycles, laptop and bicycles among others.
The first car was won by Uwumukiza Savio, a 20 year old senior six student is the winner of the first saloon car in the ongoing MTN Sharama promotion. Savio was awarded the car yesterday at the MTN centre in Nyamirambo.
To participate in this promotion, one needs to send a message with the word MTN to 155 or call the same number and each call or message costs Rwf35. More exciting, one gets a free message on each message they send.
MTN Rwanda customers have the chance of winning fantastic prizes worth Rwf90 million including daily airtime vouchers, weekly low- ‐end and high- ‐end phones, laptops and data modems.