- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
Rwanda : APO Ends Partnership with PR Newswire and Becomes Sole Supplier of Press Release Wire Distribution in Africa
11 October, at 11 : 54 AM Print
The African Press Organization (APO) the leading press release wire in Africa, announced today the termination of its partnership with PR Newswire.
Over the past 3 years, APO was responsible for the distribution of PR Newswire clients’ press releases in Africa.
As of January 1st 2013, APO will end this partnership to become sole pan-African press release wire.
APO is the exclusive supplier for pan-African press release distribution of France Télécom – Orange, Airtel, the African Development Bank, the International Criminal Court, and also works with Western Union, MasterCard, Merck, KPMG, Ernst & Young, PR agencies Weber Shandwick, Hill & Knowlton and Africapractice, to name a few.
“Seven of the ten fastest-growing economies in the world are in sub-Saharan Africa. According to The World Bank, Foreign Direct Investment will reach 31 billion Dollars this year. More and more companies and PR agencies are turning to APO for media relations on a pan-African scale, including press release wire distribution and monitoring, online press conferences, interactive webcasts, media interactions, events promotion, and more. APO is the only organization offering press release wire and monitoring in Africa”, said Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard, APO Secretary General.
Over the past 3 years, APO was also responsible for feeding PR Newswire and its partners with high-quality news releases issued by hundreds of NGOs, international organizations, governments and companies active in Africa.
As of January 1st 2013, APO will also end this content partnership with PR Newswire.