- Rutsiro: ICT Awareness Campaign to focus on rural districts ~ Community, English, featured 2 Apr, at 10 : 44 AM
- Airtel Rwanda gets new boss ~ English, featured, News 12 Mar, at 09 : 55 AM
- MTN Rwanda Mobile money promo ends ~ English, featured, News 7 Mar, at 09 : 38 AM
- Use of technology to improve Postal services in Rwanda ~ English, News 6 Mar, at 09 : 26 AM
- Rutsiro: 483 village leaders get mobile phones ~ English, Equipment 6 Mar, at 08 : 52 AM
26 October, at 17 : 15 PM Print
The Development Partners Coordination Group (DPCG) in Kayonza district is set to start a website that will showcase each and every partner’s report on the projects accomplished.
This was resolved on October 18th 2012 during the meeting that gathered Kayonza district workers and its development partners.
The strategy comes to life after some development partners are said to never include what they do in the reports and others deliver reports without accountability, which results into report forgery.
Anitha Mutesi, vice mayor for social affairs points out that for the district to be among the first in performance contract execution, every partner has to fulfill his or her duty.
She adds that the district development does not concern development partners only but called upon residents and workers to embrace development programs.
Commenting on forged reports, Jean Baptiste Butera chairman of the advisory council in Kayonza district, warned development partners over reporting activities that were not put into action saying it’s against the law.
The participants agreed that a website be set up so that every project accomplished is showcased and known by all. This will improve the implementation of the performance contracts in this area.
Apart from the district website, Kayonza authorities asked development partners to work together and accomplish one big project at a time instead of doing small individual projects.