- Gatsibo: Kiramuruzi Youth trained on technology for entrepreneurship ~ English, featured, News 21 Nov, at 11 : 38 AM
- MTN Rwanda improves Mobile Money Services ~ English, featured, Mobile 20 Nov, at 08 : 14 AM
- Communication companies focus on better services as competition gets tighter ~ English, featured, News 20 Nov, at 08 : 26 AM
- Rwanda attends ITU Telecom World 2013 ~ English, featured, News 20 Nov, at 08 : 26 AM
- Mobile money users get ATM access ~ English, featured 13 Nov, at 10 : 17 AM
5 October, at 08 : 37 AM Print
Tigo Rwanda has announced plans of using popular social media networks such as ‘Facebook’ and ‘Twitter’, in a bid to increase access to information and services for its clients in Rwanda and beyond.
Now, Tigo clients will be able to like and follow the telecommunication service provide on the https://www.facebook.com/RwandaTigo and twit or follow “@TigoRwanda”- which will give everyone an opportunity of being part of different promotions and stand to win different prizes.
Tigo brand communication manager, Andres Paz Micheo, says it’s one way to get closer to the online communities and with the increasing social media community, the company will be able publicize and communication with its clientele.
Social media has become a new way of publicity and communication in Rwanda’s telecommunication companies and each day more Rwandans go online using their phones or computers.
According to Micheo, TIGO wants to partner with its clients to have a platform of discussions, dialogue and feedback and subsequently have an active membership of an online community.
“We strongly encourage our friends to talk to us through our social media channels and let us know what is on their minds on any subject” Micheo said “our dialogue with clients will helps us know where we are doing well and what we can do even better”