- Tigo to launch video service ~ Business, English, featured 26 May, at 09 : 06 AM
- Airtel Rwanda weighs down MTN’s international call packs ~ Business, English, featured 23 May, at 16 : 07 PM
- Rwanda to host 1st East-African Workshop on Internet ~ English, featured, Internet 23 May, at 15 : 27 PM
- Crystal Telecom launches IPO ~ Business, English, featured 22 May, at 18 : 26 PM
- Airtel slashes call rates to Europe and Sudan ~ English, featured, Mobile 22 May, at 18 : 35 PM
5 October, at 08 : 37 AM Print
Tigo Rwanda has announced plans of using popular social media networks such as ‘Facebook’ and ‘Twitter’, in a bid to increase access to information and services for its clients in Rwanda and beyond.
Now, Tigo clients will be able to like and follow the telecommunication service provide on the https://www.facebook.com/RwandaTigo and twit or follow “@TigoRwanda”- which will give everyone an opportunity of being part of different promotions and stand to win different prizes.
Tigo brand communication manager, Andres Paz Micheo, says it’s one way to get closer to the online communities and with the increasing social media community, the company will be able publicize and communication with its clientele.
Social media has become a new way of publicity and communication in Rwanda’s telecommunication companies and each day more Rwandans go online using their phones or computers.
According to Micheo, TIGO wants to partner with its clients to have a platform of discussions, dialogue and feedback and subsequently have an active membership of an online community.
“We strongly encourage our friends to talk to us through our social media channels and let us know what is on their minds on any subject” Micheo said “our dialogue with clients will helps us know where we are doing well and what we can do even better”