- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
6 March, at 09 : 59 AM Print
Tigo Rwanda, the second biggest telecommunications company by market share has entered into partnership with Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR) to avail airtime with e-banking through the use of mobile phones. BPR is the country’s largest bank by branch network.
In a statement, Tigo announced that their customers registered in the BPR e-banking platform will be able to dial the special number *150# from their mobile phones and enjoy the convenience purchasing Tigo airtime on the go, at anytime of the day.
Chantal Umutoni, Head of Sales & Distribution at Tigo Rwanda said that Tigo keeps reaching out to its customers and providing easier access to their services through mobile phones.
“We keep finding new ways to stay closer to our customers. Our partnership with BPR is aimed at working with institutions with a similar philosophy of bringing services closer to the people.” He added.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr. Paul Van Apeldoorn, Ag Chief Executive Officer of Banque Populaire du Rwanda said:
“One of the objectives of Banque Populaire is to continuously innovate and deliver timesaving, cashless solutions for our huge client base regardless of where they are located.”
“In the spirit of innovation, Banque Populaire is proud to further strengthen our partnership with a big International and National brand like Tigo who have made it possible for Tigo customers in Rwanda who also have accounts with BPR to purchase Airtime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in Rwanda using our Mobile Banking Platform.”
Individuals can now register on BPR Mobile Banking through any of the 190 BPR branches across the country.
In addition to using the e-banking platform for account inquiry, money transfer, utility payments now Tigo customers can reload their airtime at their convenience.