- Tigo Rwanda hits 50% on Simcard registration ~ English 25 Apr, at 09 : 29 AM
- Techno Serve to train 10,000 youth ~ English, News 9 Apr, at 14 : 42 PM
- Ruhango: Gukoresha “Document tracking management system” bizafasha gukemura ikibazo cy’impapuro ~ English, News 6 Apr, at 16 : 25 PM
- Rwandan communities to access affordable TV sets ~ English, Equipment 29 Mar, at 06 : 41 AM
- Techno Serve igiye gufatanya na Guverinoma kwigisha ikoranabuhanga urubyiruko ibihumbi 10 ~ News 6 Apr, at 16 : 30 PM
Tigo Rwanda, the second biggest telecommunications company by market share has entered into partnership with Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR) to avail airtime with e-banking through the use of mobile phones. BPR is the country’s largest bank by branch network.
In a statement, Tigo announced that their customers registered in the BPR e-banking platform will be able to dial the special number *150# from their mobile phones and enjoy the convenience purchasing Tigo airtime on the go, at anytime of the day.
Chantal Umutoni, Head of Sales & Distribution at Tigo Rwanda said that Tigo keeps reaching out to its customers and providing easier access to their services through mobile phones.
“We keep finding new ways to stay closer to our customers. Our partnership with BPR is aimed at working with institutions with a similar philosophy of bringing services closer to the people.” He added.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr. Paul Van Apeldoorn, Ag Chief Executive Officer of Banque Populaire du Rwanda said:
“One of the objectives of Banque Populaire is to continuously innovate and deliver timesaving, cashless solutions for our huge client base regardless of where they are located.”
“In the spirit of innovation, Banque Populaire is proud to further strengthen our partnership with a big International and National brand like Tigo who have made it possible for Tigo customers in Rwanda who also have accounts with BPR to purchase Airtime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in Rwanda using our Mobile Banking Platform.”
Individuals can now register on BPR Mobile Banking through any of the 190 BPR branches across the country.
In addition to using the e-banking platform for account inquiry, money transfer, utility payments now Tigo customers can reload their airtime at their convenience.