- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
- MTN appoints Shuter as new president and CEO ~ English, featured, News 20 Jun, at 14 : 35 PM
- Motorola Could Intervene in Rwanda’s Smart Cities Project ~ English, featured 8 Jun, at 14 : 43 PM
- Airtel wins global telecommunication business award ~ English, featured, News 1 Jun, at 14 : 41 PM
- Germans Close Business in Rwanda After Half Century Lease Expires ~ English, featured 31 May, at 13 : 37 PM
9 April, at 14 : 42 PM Print
Jean Philbert Nsengimana, Minister of youth and ICT asserts that ICT is one of the programs the government is giving priority to help Rwandans achieve development opportunities available for the modern technology literates.
“Rwandans should open their arms wide and receive opportunities that technology avails to those who are trained in ICT,” Minister Nsengimana explains.
Minister Nsengimana called on youth to embrace information and communication technology programs since it’s the only way to work and survive in the future.
Mr. Muia Ndavi, Director of Techno Serve mu Rwanda said that training youth is in the program dubbed STRYDE program (Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise) that will focus on taking ICT in rural areas.
“Youth and ICT” program will start with 3500 from 17 districts Techno Serve operates in and extending it to all parts of the country in two years time.
Techno Serve administration reveals that the beneficiaries will have been chosen by the district administration as people willing to learn but without enough resources to acquire the skills from other places easily.
Marie Sebatigita, in charge of development in Techno Serve confirms that they will cooperate with local leaders in choosing STRYDE partners to train ICT to the rural youth.
Techno Serve is a non profit organisation working in Rwanda promoting cooperatives of pineapple and coffee farmers.
Technoserve was started in 1986 and decides on which sector to develop every year. It intends to develop ICT in youth in 2013.