- Gatsibo: Kiramuruzi Youth trained on technology for entrepreneurship ~ English, featured, News 21 Nov, at 11 : 38 AM
- MTN Rwanda improves Mobile Money Services ~ English, featured, Mobile 20 Nov, at 08 : 14 AM
- Communication companies focus on better services as competition gets tighter ~ English, featured, News 20 Nov, at 08 : 26 AM
- Rwanda attends ITU Telecom World 2013 ~ English, featured, News 20 Nov, at 08 : 26 AM
- Mobile money users get ATM access ~ English, featured 13 Nov, at 10 : 17 AM
29 May, at 09 : 51 AM Print
48 village leaders in Kanama sector in Rubavu District were on May 22nd 2013 given mobile telephones to ease their daily work especially communication on social affairs and security.
This comes after village leaders had expressed the need of communication modes as the reason behind their delays in information giving.
Apart from leaders, Jean Sebikari Munyenganizi, executive secretary of Kanama sector asked all residents to give information of what happens in their areas of residence for security purposes.
Village leaders were called on to sensitize residents on embracing mutual health program, fighting erosion by planting trees and digging water ditches.
The supply of the mobile telephones to village leaders intended better social services to residents and as a way of assisting leaders speed up government programs among others.