- Television zo mu mirenge n’utugari zirabafasha gukurikirana CHAN ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 22 Jan, at 05 : 22 AM
- Saint André College student wins Airtel motorcycle ~ Community, English, featured 12 Oct, at 13 : 09 PM
- « House of Technology », nouvelle méthode d’enseigner les sciences par vidéoprojecteur ~ Community, featured, French 14 Aug, at 15 : 53 PM
- Mushishiro: Abaturage ngo ntibazongera gukora ingendo bagiye kureba amakuru ~ Community, featured, Kinyarwanda 17 Jul, at 16 : 39 PM
- Airtel’s 500 percent airtime bonus receives lukewarm reception ~ English, featured, News 27 Jun, at 15 : 26 PM
5 October, at 18 : 39 PM Print
The Community Library of Rwinkwavu in Kayonza sector is playing an influential work in helping children to learn more about technology.
Apart from access to ICT devices, this library develops the reading habits among the children to grow up as excellent readers as Rwinkwavu Community Library confirms.
Children in reading sessions in the library
All services provided in Rwinkwavu Community Library are accessible at free charge. Children are taught all programs of computers for free developing the love of ICT among these children. The children also get to know information around the world through E-Reading program.
The children in Rwinkwavu sector are being trained on the use of ICT and reading after it has been evident that most Rwandans lack the habit of reading. To curb this issue, a Reading Awareness Week was introduced in most parts of the country to encourage Rwandans especially the young generation to develop reading habits.
Children learning computer lessons
Apart from ICT and reading services provided by Rwinkwavu Community Library, this library also offers entertainment to children that go there. They learn different games like basketball and mind games that make them relax after their active days.
Rwinkwavu Community Library also teaches reading and writing to illiterate adults, about 56 adults were recently given certificates and joined the majority Rwandan literates.