- The Rush for ‘Smart Kigali’ ~ English, featured 6 Jun, at 09 : 19 AM
- MTN introduces free Wikipedia for clients ~ English, featured 6 Jun, at 07 : 26 AM
- How hard it is to recover a stolen phone in Rwanda ~ English, featured 30 May, at 09 : 03 AM
- Samsung extends technology access to Bugesera ~ English, featured, Internet 14 May, at 08 : 35 AM
- MTN Mobile money to boost digital TV services ~ English, featured, News 2 May, at 11 : 14 AM
6 March, at 08 : 52 AM Print
Village leaders in 483 villages of Rutsiro district have received mobile telephones, a support that the government provided to facilitate them in their daily assignments.
Village leaders get telephones after cell leaders in Rutsiro district were facilitated in the same way to make work easier for them.
Runaba village head Mr. Jean Damascene Sebitoki, Haniro cell in Manihira sector asserted that mobile telephones will help them to share information and security purposes in their localities
“It has not been easy to communicate in case a problem rose in one village or sector. With mobile telephones, communication will be easy and we will be sharing ideas for the development of the villages,” He said.
Anastase Mbonigaba the Head of Kimpongo village in Muyira cell in Manihira sector said that mobile telephones will enable them deliver information on time so that security is observed.
However, some villages have not got electricity, so maintaining cell phones will be a bit difficult especially battery charging.
Village leaders are allowed to call each other free of charge.
District leaders were the first to receive mobile telephones, followed by sector leaders, cell leaders and now village leaders.