- The Rush for ‘Smart Kigali’ ~ English, featured 6 Jun, at 09 : 19 AM
- MTN introduces free Wikipedia for clients ~ English, featured 6 Jun, at 07 : 26 AM
- How hard it is to recover a stolen phone in Rwanda ~ English, featured 30 May, at 09 : 03 AM
- Samsung extends technology access to Bugesera ~ English, featured, Internet 14 May, at 08 : 35 AM
- MTN Mobile money to boost digital TV services ~ English, featured, News 2 May, at 11 : 14 AM
6 March, at 09 : 26 AM Print
Rwanda’s National Postal services will this May launch a new SMS mail alert to enable users to access and get updated on all postal services , including renewal of letter box subscription, parcel processing, balance on postal checking accounts and incoming mail.
The Director-General of the National Post Office (NPO), Celestin Kayitare, said that once the program is in place, postal services and service delivery will be improved and win the trust of clients.
He said that the project is aimed offering better customer service and modernizing postal operations which have to be competitive as the modern society keeps changing with trends of communication and access to information.
The SMS alert applications will be developed by a local contracted firm and clients receiving mails from the post office will be able to receive alerts on various postal services on their mobile phones.
As part of growing with the trends, the national post office, last year ventured into electronic money transfer in order to cope with the growing competition in the vibrant postal and courier industry.
Since the revision of the 1992 law which inacts operations of the National Post office, there have been various strategies put in place to modernize postal operatioans in Rwanda, to make it relevant and appealing to the growing world of technology.
For 30 years National Post office has provided courier services countrywide with 19 postal offices. It provides services including distribution of mails and packages from within and abroad, stamps and managing mailing addresses for the public. It also offers Forex and internet services among others.