- MTN removes roaming charges for Southern Sudan ~ Business, English, featured 3 Mar, at 14 : 03 PM
- Airtel tops Rwanda’s corporate companies in social Media ~ Business, English, featured 27 Feb, at 11 : 29 AM
- Airtel Rwanda new policy to focus on socio- economic dev’t ~ Business, English, featured 25 Feb, at 14 : 16 PM
- BNR clears telecoms on cross border mobile money ~ English, featured, Mobile 25 Feb, at 14 : 09 PM
- Airtel Rwanda appoints New Corporate Committee ~ Business, English, featured 25 Feb, at 12 : 38 PM
2 May, at 11 : 14 AM Print
Rwanda’s leading communications company, MTN Rwanda has announced a new partnership with Tele10 which will enable customers to pay their DStv, Canal+ and GOtv subscriptions through MTN Mobile Money.
In order to use this service, customers need to have a DStv, Canal+ or GOtv account and be a registered MTN Mobile Money customer.
“This partnership greatly enhances the convenience of subscription payments by allowing our customers the flexibility of 24/7 bill payment anywhere and anytime,” said Norman Munyampundu, General Manager of MTN Business.
Tele10 CEO, Eugene Nyagahene also commented on their commitment to forming mutually beneficial partnerships. ‘We are here to provide great service to all our customers. Everyone should now be able to use this very quick, simple and safe process,” he said.
Enabling bill payments for Mobile Money customers through their mobile handsets without having to travel to the offices of service providers is in line with MTN’s vision of delivering a bold, new Digital World to its customers.
“MTN has so much in store for Mobile Money customers. We will soon be launching a bank integration service where customers can use their MTN Mobile Money accounts to deposit and withdraw money from their bank accounts. They will also be able to visit any ATM and withdraw cash from their Mobile Money accounts,” said Munyampundu.
Arthur Rutagengwa, Head of Mobile Money at MTN said this launch coincides with the current Peer2Peer promotion where Mobile Money customers can transact below 75,000Rwf for free. “If your DStv bill is less than 75,000Rwf then you do not have to pay the transaction fee.”
Both companies are confident this will enhance customer satisfaction and promote growth.
In signing up for the MTN Mobile Money service, customers will initially be required to register their personal details with a valid ID at MTN Service Centres and Mobile Money agents countrywide.